Acts 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
- Apostles Doctrine- The simple teaching of God's Word, verse by verse leads to real maturity and protects the church from false teaching. False teaching lead to false living.
- Fellowship- The sharing of our lives without pretense, united with each other in love and purpose.
- Breaking of bread-Sharing the table, the Lord's supper, being reminded of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.
- Prayers- Without genuine prayer and fellowship with Jesus, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit individually and personally, the church is powerless. Everything is appropriated through the ministry of the Holy Spirit! He (the Spirit) begins working and changing from the inside out.
Phil 2:12-13 12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
As you allow Him, God the Holy Spirit, will work in you both the will and the power to live and serve in a way pleasing to God. The Spirit of God indwells every believer and is the One who does the changing. Our job is to stick close, and let Him have His way in us.
Opportunities to grow at Calvary
At CCSA, we offer many opportunities for believers to not only be involved in meaningful relationships but to grow in their knowledge of the Word of God as a whole. Paul told the Ephesian elders as he was departing for Jerusalem, that he had not "shunned to declared to them the whole counsel of God" Acts 20:27. There is a neglect, in a large part of the body of Christ, to actually teach the Bible, not just topics in the Bible. Topical teaching has it's place, but will never result in a mature, discerning and fruitful believers. False teaching abounds in "christian" circles but is easily refuted and laid aside as we give ourselves to the "whole counsel of God".
Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
Luke 24:44-45 44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” 45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures. NKJV
6 ways for you and your family to grow:
- Services- Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Bible Studies. Expository, verse by verse Bible teaching.
- Children's Church- Children are led through the same chapter and verse as the adults.
- Service Opportunities- There are many ways to get involved and investing in the body with the gifts that God has given you.
- Soundcloud- Recorded teachings available online for playback if you miss a study.
- Men's and women's events- Bible Studies, prayer fellowships.
- Website resources (under Equipment)